Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Get Adobe Reader
  Not Found

Not Found

Template 205INC:-205 for specified resource /Public_Documents/MontereyMA_EmerNews/ could not be found on this server. (reason: 1015)

Welcome to Monterey MA

The history of Town of Monterey is also that of Tyringham, as Monterey (or South Tyringham) was not separated and incorporated as a separate town until 1847. The first permanent settlers were Lieutenant Isaac Garfield, Thomas Slaton and Captain Brewer who arrived in the spring and summer of 1739. It was Captain Brewer who built the first saw mill later that year on Konkapot Brook outfall of Twelve Mile Pond (Lake Garfield) north of the present village.

Town Offices: 435 Main Rd P.O. Box 308, Monterey, MA 01245
Phone: 413-528-1443 Fax: 413-528-9452
Website Disclaimer and Privacy Policy | Virtual Towns & Schools Website