IT’S IMPORTANT TO COMPLETE A CENSUS FOR ALL PROPERTIES, INCLUDING SEASONAL HOMES!
If you live at multiple places throughout the year, count yourself at the address where you live and sleep most of the time. If you split your time evenly between two or more places, count yourself where you were staying on April 1, 2020. However, a census response is required from each and every property.
For any property you own but only use part of the time, follow these instructions:
1. Visit www.my2020census.gov
2. Enter the Census ID or address for this secondary property
3. Enter “0” for the number of people living at this property
4. Hit Next, and when a “soft error” occurs, click Next again
5. Select “No” when asked to confirm no person lives at this property
6. Select primary reason – Seasonal (most likely)
Following these instructions ensures all properties are counted! For more information go to 2020census.gov