May 8, 2020
- From the Town Clerk’s Office: Last day to register to vote for local election is Saturday, June 20, 2020. 2pm -4pm and 7pm to 8pm. Local election will be held at Monterey town hall, Tuesday, June 30, 2020 from 7am to 8pm. Absentee ballot applications and absentee ballots for local election are available. Please contact Town Clerk, Terry Walker at 413-528-1443 x113 or cell 413-329-4185.
- Annual Town Meeting has been postponed to Saturday, June 27th at 9:30am.
- Notice from the Monterey Police Department: With the stress created from the current economic times, residents are being asked to lock their vehicles, out buildings and garages and to not leave valuables in your vehicles or visible in out buildings and garages. We have been experiencing some unlocked vehicles, out building and garages being rummaged through in the area. As always, report any suspicious vehicles or persons to the Monterey Police Department immediately (528-3211).
- Notice from the Tax Collector: On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, the Monterey Board of Selectmen voted the following provisions as allowed by Sections 10 and 11 of Chapter 53 of the Acts of 2020 recently signed by Governor Charles Baker:
- The due date for all FY 2020 fourth quarter Real Estate and Personal Property taxes has been extended from May 1st to June 1st, 2020. Payments received in the Tax Collector’s office on or before June 1st will be considered on time. Payments received after June 1st will be subject to interest and late fees.
- Fees and interest on any Motor Vehicle excise tax bill that was due on or after March 10th, 2020 will be waived if the tax is paid on or before June 29th, 2020. No fees or interest will be waived on any bill that had an initial due date prior to March 10th or is paid on June 30th or later.
These provisions are available to Towns as part of the Commonwealth’s response to the COVID19 pandemic and are tied to the current state of emergency. Please contact Mari Enoch, Tax Collector, at email@example.com or (413) 528-1443 x117 if you have any questions.
We thank you for your continued cooperation, understanding and patience during this difficult time. Up-to-date COVID-19 information will be posted on the Town’s website: www.montereyma.gov under the Board of Health page.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to respond to this email.
Town of Monterey