For the safety of Town Residents and Employees during the Coronavirus pandemic, Monterey has enacted the following;
- As of 3/13/2020 the Community Center will be closed and all activities and events have been cancelled.
- As of 3/17/2020 Town Hall will be closed to the public until further notice. Staff will continue to work normal hours and are still available to assist you by phone. There is a box outside the Town Hall Door to leave any paperwork or payments. All town hall offices can be reached at 528-1443 and then dialing the extension you need; Administrative Assistant x111, Town Clerk x113, Assessors x115, Tax Collector x117 and Building Department x118. For the Police Department please call 528-3211, for the fire department call 528-3136.
- The Transfer Station will be open as usual, however the swap shack will be closed until further notice; attendants have been asked not to assist you with your trash.
- The Police Department and Fire Department is available as always and will be working closely with Southern Berkshire Ambulance Squad on medical calls.
- The Highway Department will be working a normal schedule.
- All non-essential boards and committee meetings are postponed until further notice.
- All essential governmental boards and committees will continue to hold their meetings but will do so as remotely as possible. The town is currently implementing a process with the use of freeconferencecall.com to conduct the meetings. More information on this will follow.
- We will have an update on the status of the library at the end of this week.
We thank you for your cooperation, understanding and patience and will keep you updated with any changes in the days ahead. Up-to-date information will be posted on the Town’s website: www.montereyma.gov and on our Facebook page Town of Monterey Town Hall. Be safe and be well.
Kenn Basler, Select Board Chair
Town of Monterey