The history of Town of Monterey is also that of Tyringham, as Monterey (or South Tyringham) was not separated and incorporated as a separate town until 1847. The first permanent settlers were Lieutenant Isaac Garfield, Thomas Slaton and Captain Brewer who arrived in the spring and summer of 1739. It was Captain Brewer who built the first saw mill later that year on Konkapot Brook outfall of Twelve Mile Pond (Lake Garfield) north of the present village.
All Boards & Committees
Archived Completed Invitations to Bid, (January 2019 and earlier)